What better way to beat the heat than by a refreshing smoothie packed with protein, super low carb, and ZERO fat? This strawberry cheesecake protein shake is the perfect blend between fruity, creamy and smooth which will leave your taste buds convinced that you actually just had a milkshake!
After an intensive workout or simply just a long day in the heat, there is nothing that you want more than something that is quick to make, refreshing and will satisfy that hunger that you have built up. Opting for this smoothie is an excellent way to not only do exactly that, but to stay on track with hitting your protein for the day which we all know is very important (see article on positive nitrogen balance).
This recipe not only contains a whopping 56 grams of protein, but as mentioned previously is completely FAT FREE. But we didn’t just formulate this recipe to be fat free to avoid excess calories by fat consumption, we did it due to the way that it will benefit your body post workout. Consuming sources of protein and carbohydrates without any fat sources will allow for the quickest absorption of glycogen back into your muscles, allowing for muscle growth, repair and recovery. Not only that, but this smoothie contains both our FitStrong 100% Whey Isolate Protein, and Egg Whites, both being the quickest and purest form of protein for maximum absorption into your body post workout. Oh, and did we mention? This recipe is completely sugar free! Which means it can be consumed on pretty much ANY diet, whether you are bulking or cutting or somewhere in between!
So, this protein shake is pretty much everything you need in one! Perfect for post-workout muscle recovery and growth, hitting your protein intake for the day while aiming to maintain your diet, and perfect for a quick and easy summer refreshment.
With only a few ingredients, here is our super SIMPLE recipe:
Strawberry Cheesecake FitStrong Protein Shake
- 100g Fat Free 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 150g Cage Free Egg Whites
- 1 Scoop Vanilla FitStrong 100% Whey Isolate
- 150g Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Scoop FitStrong Glutamine
- 1 Cup Ice
- Dash Cinnamon
- 10 Drops Stevia (Or to taste)
- Put everything into a blender, and blend well! If the consistency is too thick, add water until desired texture is obtained
Share this post
- Tags: bcaas, bodybuilding, cla, creatine, detoxsupplement, fatburner, fitful, fitness, fitnessmotivation, Fitstrong, fitstrongnutrition, fitstrongsupplements, geeksauce, glutamine, gym, health, Iamfitstrong, multivitamin, nootropics, nutrition, preworkout, protein, supplements, thermogenici, training, vitamins, weightless, wheyisolate, workout